The IDSOG Annual Meeting, hereafter referred to as ‘The Meeting’, is organized by The Infectious Diseases Society for Obstetrics and Gynecology (IDSOG).
- Personally Identifiable Information– – any and all information identifying you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number(s), email address, or company name.
- Cookies– A “cookie” is a small text file that web servers typically send to a user’s computer when they visit a website. Cookies are stored as text files on user’s hard drive and can be accessed by web servers when the user visits a Site or views an advertisement. A sessioncookie is a cookie that stores information as a user is using the Site but is deleted once the browser session is finished. A persistent cookie is a cookie that stores information as a user utilizes the Site and stores and uses that information in connection with future visits of the user to the Site. Third-party cookies are cookies provided by our advertising partners or e.g. social media platforms. Any third-party cookie that we authorize for use on the Site only collects that information described below for the same stated purposes as if we were directly collecting the information. For a third-party cookie, the third-party will have access to the collected information in order to provide us with information or services to enhance the performance and functionality of the Site.
- If you prefer not to accept cookies, you can set your Internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being placed on your hard drive. If you consent to our collection of cookies and you subsequently wish to withdraw your consent, you will need to manage the settings on your web browser to delete all cookies and disallow further acceptance of cookies. Please note that disabling cookies on your browser will prevent us from tracking your activities in relations to our Site, however, it may also disable some of the functions and features of the Site and the Site may not work properly. If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of this Site, please discontinue use of the Site. By continuing to use our Site, you are agreeing to placing cookies on your computer in order to analyze the way you use our Site.
When you browse the Site and do not interact with the site for any online service or product, you browse anonymously. Personally identifiable information is not collected as you browse.
When you choose to interact with our site (i.e. when registering for the meeting), we will collect certain personally identifiable information from you. The type of information collected may include your name, address, phone number, billing information, email address or other demographic information.
Once collected, we may use your personally- and non-personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
- Register you for the meeting.
- Measure the success of any promotional placement we run on the Site so that we may better match your interests and preferences to any ads or offers we have available
You have the right to access, review, update, correct, or delete the personal information held about you. In some circumstances you may also have the right to restrict or object to processing and to receive your personal information in a portable form. To initiate a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The IDSOG sends “transactional or relational email messages,” which include, but are not limited to, electronically transmitted news, informational bulletins, meetings and member-benefit announcements, and surveys. You may opt-out of a specific email list by following the “unsubscribe” instructions of any email message sent to you from the IDSOG or its component or affiliated organizations.
Individuals, registering for The Meeting through the Site, are required to provide personally identifiable information. This information is temporarily retained in the Meeting database. We retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to provide the Site, newsletters, and Standard Set subscriptions to you, or as otherwise required by law. Due to inactivity we may contact you to see if you still wish us to hold your data or if we should delete it.
The Meeting attendee email addresses may be made available to other attendees of The Meeting through The Meeting’s dedicated meeting application. The IDSOG does not share, rent or sell email addresses to commercial vendors.
The IDSOG may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on the IDSOG; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of the IDSOG; or (c) protect the personal safety of the IDSOG / The Meeting staff or members of the public in urgent circumstances.
Banner advertisements on the Site do not collect any personally identifiable information on individual visitors. The IDSOG does collect aggregate data on visitors such as time of day and web browser type, which may be shared with advertisers to determine their advertising effectiveness.
User ID and Password
To access the Site, no user ID or password are required.
You should be aware, browser software often “caches” a page as you look at it, meaning some pages are saved in your computer’s temporary memory. Therefore, you may find when clicking on your “Back” button it shows you a saved version of a previously viewed page. Caching in no way affects the security of your confidential user ID or password.
The IDSOG realizes the importance of security, so we have taken steps to enhance the protection of information sent to or from The IDSOG over the Internet. We require a “secure session” be established, using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, each time you supply or access information in a secure online area. SSL technology creates a private conversation only your computer and the IDSOG-systems can understand. The SSL technology encodes information as it is being sent over the internet between your computer and systems used by the IDSOG, helping to ensure the transmitted information remains confidential.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite all efforts, the IDSOG cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services.
To request certain information regarding The Meeting disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes or to make such a request, please contact us:
IDSOG Executive Office
14305 Southcross Drive
Burnsville, MN 55306
Last updated: 24 February 2022